Stuffed pasta shells
SmartPoints® value per serving
Total Time: 1 hr 5 min Prep: 25 min Cook: 40 min Serves: 6
This classic dish of marinara-drenched pasta stuffed with ricotta, cottage cheese, and garlic is perfect for a family meal, potluck gathering, or casual entertaining.
Uncooked jumbo shells
6 oz, (about 24)
Part-skim ricotta cheese
1% low fat cottage cheese
1 large, beaten
1 clove(s), medium, minced
2 tbsp(s), freshly chopped
½ tsp(s), or to taste
Store bought marinara sauce
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring large saucepan filled two-thirds full of salted water to boil. Add shells, reduce heat, and simmer until shells are just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well, shaking strainer to remove as much water as possible; let cool slightly
2. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 7-x-11-inch baking dish or 2-quart gratin dish with nonstick spray.
3. Meanwhile, stir together ricotta, cottage cheese, egg, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper in large bowl.
4. Spread about 3/4 cup marinara in prepared dish. Spoon ricotta mixture evenly into shells, filling each one just barely full. Arrange in baking dish, filling side up. Spoon remaining marinara sauce over top and sprinkle evenly with Parmesan. Bake until sauce is bubbling, about 20 minutes.
5. Serving size: 4 stuffed shells with sauce