Privacy and Information Security Policy
WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DO WE OBTAIN FROM YOU? WHEN DO WE OBTAIN SUCH INFORMATION?
If, upon visiting our Web Site, your use is limited to browsing our informational content, we will not require that you provide us with any personally identifiable information.However, we may request personal information from you at other times. For example:
- If you enroll for a Weight Watchers® membership through our Web Site, we may ask that you provide us with certain personal information, including your name, credit card number, expiration date, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number. Your credit card information will be transferred to Elavon for processing. Elavon (as discussed in more detail below) employs a variety security and risk management technologies to facilitate secure on-line transactions and to protect your credit information. You can find more information about Elavon at www.elavon.com.
- If you post to our discussion forums, we will ask that you provide us with your name, e-mail address and password.
- If you want to enter any sweepstakes, contests or promotions sponsored by us or by one of our business partners, we will need your name, e-mail address and other information as may be required by the rules of the specific contest.
- If you choose to participate in a customer survey conducted by us or by one of our business partners, we may ask for your name, e-mail address and other information as may be required by the particular survey.
- If you report a problem or submit a customer review, we will ask that you provide your name, e-mail address, membership number, address, phone number and fax number. Should you contact us for any reason other than to report a problem and/or submit a review, we may also keep a record and/or copy of your correspondence with us.
HOW DO WE PROTECT THE SECURITY AND QUALITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To protect the security and quality of your personal information, we have implemented technical and managerial procedures to maintain accurate, current and complete information as well as to protect your personal information against loss, misuse or alteration when it is under our control. Your personally identifiable information will be encrypted and stored on our secured servers. Your personal information is also password protected so that access is limited to yourself and those with whom you share your password, Franchisee, as well as third party access facilitated by Franchisee with your prior permission.We have also taken steps to help protect the integrity of your personal financial information when you complete a purchase transaction on our Web Site. As noted above, we use Elavon to facilitate confidential online business transactions. Elavon helps prevent your credit information from being read by unauthorized persons as this information is transmitted over the Internet. Elavon employs the Netscape Enterprise Server using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption for the secure exchange of your personal information and the Elavon system. The Elavon transaction system passes your credit information through its system, but does not retain any credit card numbers. Once the transaction is completed, information about the sale (without credit card information) is stored in a password-protected online database maintained by Elavon. Only in an offline and offsite accounting server does Elavon retain the entire transaction record. This eliminates the ability of hackers to gain access to your personal information. In addition, Elavon processes all transactions by private digital lines, and not via the Internet. You can find more information about Elavon at www.elavon.com.